zaterdag, maart 03, 2012

Coco

Coco by Morbidey
coco, a photo by Morbidey on Flickr.
Every morning I'm being greeted by my African grey parrot. 'Good morning' she says. Her wings are folded. I got her just before the moment she was killed. A refuge needed the cage for worse cases. I couldn't let her die. She will survive me though.
Most of the time, if i let her, she rushes to my shoulder. We watch together the morning sky of Amsterdam. Out of my window. People rushing by, herons, gullies and crows fly by.
Then i start working, she hears sounds and sees images. Birds, people and images,. Sometimes she puts her claw in my shoulder. When the film is scary or sometimes the music is building up a plot, she shivers, she reacts, her claws in my shoulder. She is my first public to my films.
Sometimes, i recall the days i studied with my master who died a couple of years ago. Is she my guardian?
The experience of watching a film together with her is amazing . Man and animal. We both were watching 1,5 hour of film.
Sometimes i felt the little claws in my shoulder. When it was exiting. Man and animal can have a relation, a strange moment of togetherness, a strange bound. She my first critic and endless love.

Geen opmerkingen: